Louisa Harding V-neck Cardigan

Pattern: V-neck Cardigan from Louisa Harding's Modern Classics

Yarn: GGH Linova (color #19 - Pink) used just about 6.5 skeins (100m per skein) for a 34 inch finished bust

Needles: Size 3 , 24 inch circular Susan Bates Quicksilver and size 1 Addi Turbo 40 inch circulars.

Modifications: Substituted a cotton and linen blend worsted weight yarn for the Kashmir DK called for in the pattern and knit it to a DK gauge with smaller needles. Shortened sleeves. Created a smaller size and added waist shaping according to my measurements rather than the symmetrical hourglass shape called for in most patterns. I seem to have a long rib cage - does that make me "long waisted"?
Comments: Although I was nervous about the shaping and the fit of this garment, I am very pleased with how it came out. The yarn was a little splitty to work with, but has gorgeous drape and was not at all difficult to knit with on the smaller size needles, which helps to keep the fabric from stretching out of shape. I have worn this a number of times, and unlike other cotton garments I've knitted, it hasn't grown any. I would definitely knit this sweater again!

1 comment:

alex lee said...

we create best clothing to wear for our customers.We make all kinds of clothing accessories for men and women.Just come and see for yourself:Cardigan Sweatshirt in UK